3 Ingredient Healthy Energy Bites

March 26, 2018



Yay! It's finally Spring, and Summer will just be around the corner. But, if you're anything like me, the Winter only makes me want to hole up in my apartment with a good Netflix binge and comfort food. Lots of comfort food.

But I've got a Beach trip (Miami here I come!) coming up in 7 weeks and my body is in still in Winter mode. I plan on kicking up the workouts from 1-2 times a weeks to 3-4 times a week and to switch out my typical comfort foods to healthier options. I read this recipe for these energy bites on The Kitchn years ago and it's still my go to - so easy to prepare and very filling! 



3 INGREDIENT ENERGY BITES (barely adapted from The Kitchn)

INGREDIENTS:
  • Pitted Dates (any kind will do, but I find the best and cheapest are from Trader Joe's, pictured above)
  • Nut Butter of your choice (I use the Coconut Cardamom Cookie Almond Butter from Sip-N-Glo Juicery - yes, it IS as addicting as it sounds)
  • Dried Coconut Flakes (preferably unsweetened, small flakes)

INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. If not pitted already, pit your dates and butterfly them using your fingers. 
  2. Use a butter knife to spread a dallop (1tsp ish) of nut butter in the date and close the date up around the nut butter to hold it in place. 
  3. Roll the tops in the coconut. 
  4. Enjoy! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs