2018 Summer Essentials

April 16, 2018




Ark Bag: Amazon // Shoes: SAS Shoes // Sunglasses (first picture): Francesca's 


This weekend was the first time it actually felt like Spring in Philly - but in reality, we just skipped Spring and went straight onto Summer with 80 degree weather on Friday and Saturday. Let me tell ya'll - no complaints here!

It got me thinking about what my go-to Summer faves will be this year. You know, those few items that you just wear everywhere from running errands to impromptu trips to the Beach - er, ahem, the shore - for those who grew up in the Philly/NJ area. So, without further adieu, here are my favs!

1. SAS Shoes Sanibel Sandal

This is the Summer Sandal of 2018 - at least for me, it is 😁. I have been a huge fan of SAS Shoes since I was a teen for one reason: they are RIDICULOUSLY comfortable. That is why I was completely over-the-moon when my friends at SAS reached out to me  to tell me about their Spring/Summer collection (I'm also loving the Layla style ). They were so kind to send me a pair of the Sanibel Sandal in white snake (many thanks!!) to try and wow - just wow. They are so comfortable and require zero time breaking in. I also have really narrow feet, but the sandals are both adjustable on the side and near the toe so I can get a great fit. Another added bonus is that the back of the sandal is slightly raised so you get a little booty lift - and who doesn't love a little push-up in the tush-up? (I'm bad at puns, but I try 😆).

Sizing-wise, I would say that these run standard to slightly large. I wear between a 7 1/2 to an 8 (8 in tennis shoes, mostly) and the 8 fit me perfectly. So if you are between sizes, I'd suggest going one size up.

You'll see me wearing these pretty much all Summer, but I also love how they can be dressed up or down. Below is a super cute look with a blazer and shorts that was perfect for brunch this weekend:

Blazer: Lilly Pulitzer (old), but similar here // Top: Banana Republic (old) but similar here // Shorts: Lululemon but I also like these // Bag: Amazon //Shoes: SAS Shoes //Necklace: Kate Spade (old)


2. Gaia Ark Bag (dupe version)

I know, I know, this is so 2017. But whatever, haters. People said that leggings weren't going to last more than a year, and we all see how that worked out. I'm rocking a total dupe of the Gaia Ark bag, and do I have shame? No! This bag is of great construction and looks super adorable and fits everything I need and I bought it from Amazon for $40.

Also, if you're wondering if you should go with the small or large - I would say go with the small. It is plenty large as it is. Also, I got the cutest bag charms from this Etsy Seller (they ship from Thailand, but it took maybe 10 days to get to me in the States which I didn't think was too shabby).

3. Cat Sunnies

If you follow my blog or my Insta, you know that I've been wearing these constantly. I LOVE them! They make me laugh everytime I wear them - they make my friends laugh and really just put everyone in a good mood. They are light-hearted and totally bad-ass. Pair with drinking a glass of rose for total bad-assery effect.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs