2 Minute Review: Kitsch Luxe Shower Cap

March 28, 2018



You guys really love my in-depth TreStiQue review, so I decided to start a new type of post I like to call the 2 Minute Review. These will be 1 or 2 products featured with a quick and dirty review - no bullshit, just the results and my opinion. So click 'Read More' to learn about this Luxe Shower Cap!

Ridiculous or ridiculously fabulous?
Cap: Kitsch // Robe: Victoria's Secret (old) but similar here and here.  
Note: This post is NOT sponsored - so yes, I spent $28 on a shower cap. Why? Honestly, because it was payday and I am just a sucker for anything with a banana leaf print. Can you blame me? Also, I had been seeing a lot of these 'luxury shower caps' pop up a lot of places (like Sephora) and was curious as to how much better they actually are compared to their (now) antiquated dollar-store counterparts. 

THE CLAIM: "The BEST shower cap you will ever use" - Website. The luxury materials and stunning prints will keep your hair dry and you looking good while showering. 

OVERALL: 3.5/5 Stars

Literally 2 Stars just for the product design, it looks like a turban and is absolutely adorable. Pair with leopard print silk bath robe for a total Diva Look. The fit is tight but not uncomfortable and there is a nice non-slip elastic around the front inside of the cap. The elastic is in the back of the cap instead of all around, so it provides a nice tight fit around the forehead.

The non-slip elastic on the inside of the cap
Post-shower performance, the front of my head was completely dry! However, I did have some minor wet hair in the back of my head where the elastic is and I wasn't able to fit all of my loose hair in the cap. I think it would have had better results if I tucked my ears into the cap while showering. The cap did not slip or move while I was washing my face. There is maybe just a hair better performance from my legacy shower cap (which cost $4), but superior performance compared to a super cheap, hotel shower cap. I would have given this product a solid 4/5 Stars, but I'm deducting .5 points for the price (although this brand is one of the cheaper 'luxury' shower caps). I think it really should be priced in the $18-$20 range.    

GOOD FOR:
  • If you are in the market for a new shower cap. 
  • All types of hair and hair lengths (the turban style is roomy).
  • If you are a sucker for super cute bathroom items. 

NOT IDEAL FOR:
  • If you are looking to save money. 
  • People wanting to get ZERO water in their hair (the very back of your head will get a tad damp if you can't scrunch all of your hair in the cap)


No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs