Trend Setter: Meryl Streep in The Post

February 27, 2018


Have ya'll seen the movie The Post yet? Not only did I think it was a good thriller/drama that kept me at the edge of my seat, but throughout the whole movie, Meryl Streep's wardrobe is ON POINT.



Typically historic movies set in the 70's are all a bunch of hideous tweed and bell bottoms (a la Anchorman), but Meryl shines as Kay Graham, a widow and newspaper heiress to The Washington Post. Here are some of my favorite looks and similar pieces to achieve her iconic looks:

The Gold Kaftan:


Kaftan/caftan, no matter how you spell it, it's always a classic. This gold one is stunning and elegant, a great choice for her party honoring one of her friends. Find a more modern version of this kaftan here.


Georgetown Casual:

 

This outfit is SO quintessential Georgetown casual, but here it's jazzed up a collarless blouse. Below I've found some similar items for a more modern take on this classic look.


The Powersuit:


Meryl's character wears this navy skirt suit twice during the movie, and with good reason. It's classic and versatile. I wasn't able to find a skirt with a metal detail like the one here, but I found a belt and a high waisted skirt option that will achieve a very similar look. Also, did you notice the Missoni-esque sweater in the top photo that Kay's assistant is wearing? Love it!



Silk-Print Blouse Dress:


This last dress is one of my favorites. Colorful and classic, I remember seeing a pair of pants at JCrew with a similar print on them. I couldn't find a good dupe for this dress, but below are some similar prints and cuts. If you do stumble upon a good dupe, let me know!



I had a lot of fun writing this post and I hope you enjoyed it just as much! If there is a movie or character in a movie whose style you love and would like me to do a post on how to recreate their look, please let me know in the comments! 👇


No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs